Tuesday 14 February 2017

Assignment 1


Sport


Shutter Speed: 1/15 (on tripod)
Aperture: f/10
ISO: 100

The sport picture was the hardest to shoot because I had almost to none ideas of what to take photos of. When I went outside to photograph for the landscape shot, I saw some people cross-country skiing and I thought that it would be interesting to take pictures of. Unfortunately, the only lens I had was a wide-angle one and I didn't want to disturb them trying to take pictures close to them. I wish I had a telephoto with me if I knew because the instructions said "the closer you can get to the action the better." and clearly they are very small. 

Panning


Shutter Speed: 1/8
Aperture: f/16
ISO: 125

After many tries, this shot was the one I think was the best. Panning is a little bit harder than it looks. After taking the shots, I realized that in my pictures the subject was not entirely sharp, I wished that I would have taken more pictures to have a perfectly sharp subject. 

Night scene


Shutter Speed: 30.0 sec
Aperture: f/13
ISO: 400

I took this night photo and I was really happy with it, but I wish that the trailing light made by cars was more in the picture, I feel like it's too at the bottom of the picture. Clearly, the subject is more the trees, so maybe having more of the trailing light would have more respected the instructions of the night image. In addition, I'll say that taking a picture at night and during the winter is really hard because my hands were freezing, not the greatest experience. 

Portrait


Shutter Speed: 1/25 (on tripod)
Aperture: f/1.8
ISO: 800

For the portrait, I wanted to do something different or interesting, so I had the idea of taking the portrait when the sun goes down. I kind of forgot that it's hard to take a portrait at night because there's not much light so it's hard to have a right exposed subject. I tried to light the face with a phone flashlight. Next time, I will remember that maybe taking a portrait when the sun goes down is not the best idea, certainly when you have no artificial light source with you. 

Landscape


Shutter Speed: 1/15 (on tripod)
Aperture: f/18
ISO: 100

Taking a landscape in winter is not the best thing to take pictures of because everything in my opinion is so blend and "the same". I feel like there's not really things interesting about a winter landscape, especially when there's no snow on trees (which I find very beautiful). In addition, it's a pain to take photographs of winter due to the fact that I was so cold during the time I took the photos. I had to take off my gloves to press the button on my camera and also change the settings, so my hands were completely frozen. It's really not a fun experience. 









No comments:

Post a Comment